Thursday, May 17, 2007

I (heart) Ricky Gervais & Co.

From Karl Pilkington's diary, as broadcasted in the Ricky Gervais Show:

Steve -reading Karl's diary-: "I read a bit in the news about people being injured while trying to cut open avocados. It's a fruit that ain't worth injuring yourself for. If it's a hassle to get into, leave it to the experts. I have never bought one. I have also avoided coconuts and pineapples. The amount of hassle to get into these things outweighs the joys they give. Is the same reason I've never bought a pair of Doctor Martin’s boots: too much hassle when it's time to take them off.

Karl: "Yeh, a lot of my mates used to wear them back in the eighties, you know, you can't just kick them off, can you? It's a bit of evil.”



Is Karl a simpleton or a genius? I still don’t know… but I love to listen to them on the radio.

2 comments:

GwynF said...

A simpleton, I reckon. And a lazy one at that. He´s still hilarious though.

R.Gervais owes him his entire podcasting career.

Unknown said...

you think? simpleton might be but I still have the hunch he's just a character created by Gervais himself...

Indeed, Ricky owes him big time.
Also, for some reason, I like him (Ricky) better on the radio than in The Office.